A THC-O acetate is a synthetic form of tetrahydrocannabinol. It is a more potent analog of Delta 9 THC. It is popularly known as psychedelic of cannabinoids.
THC O acetate is a prodrug and is biologically inactive until the body metabolizes it. THC O has greater bioavailability than Delta 8 and Delta 9, which indicates that the body can easily absorb more of it.
THC-O cannabinoid has been prevalent due to its strong impact on intoxication. It does not exist naturally in the hemp or marijuana plant, which suggests that expensive equipment and ample knowledge of chemistry are required to create THC-O, which is three times stronger than Delta 9 THC.
THC-O has a similar base structure as Delta 9 but an additional acetate group attached. The other portion of the molecule suggests the greater potency it inhibits than most other THC forms. Apart from the greater level of intoxication it causes, the legality of THC O has provided sellers, like https://trehouse.com/collections/thc-o/ with a free hand to do business for now.
Benefits of THC-O
Since there has been significantly less research on THC-O, the medical benefits that have been noted are rare but promising. Apart from that, the THC-O potent cannabinoid is euphoric and enjoyable for many users. However, some of the medical benefits of THC-O are as follows
1. Helps in easing pain: THC-O interacts with the bodily pain receptors and helps in minimizing pain. It activates specific cannabinoid receptors, including nerve cells and other immune cells. When it activates in the nerve cells, the sensation of pain reduces.
2. Acts as stress relief: helps to deal easily with anxiety disorders like social anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder(OCD), and panic attacks. It also has a soothing impact and helps patients deal with their everyday ordeals. It is practical to treat depression and improving PTSD symptoms like nightmares and trauma
3. Enhances sleep: To maintain a healthy immune system, good sleep is essential. Studies are suggestive that consumption of THC-O leads to a reduction of stress and improves your sleep pattern
4. Improves your appetite: THC-O interacts with the natural ECS of the body and improves appetite. It also relieves nausea, making it easy and comfortable to intake food.
5. Boosts Creativity: THC-O enhances creativity and is of significant use for people engaged in creative projects like music, painting, writing, etc. THC-O works on the cannabinoid receptors in the brain and activates parts of the brain which are usually underactive due to stress and fatigue.
6. Psychedelic experience: THC-O has the potential to initiate a psychedelic experience that makes it unique from other cannabinoids. It stays with the consumer even after the high is lost. It expands the mind and makes you accelerate your state of consciousness
Popular THC-O Products in the market
There are a variety of THC-O products on the market. Each product differs by the method of consumption, duration of onset, and time of effect. Some of the available THC-O products are
1. THC-O Distillate: THC-O is the purest and most condensed form. Hence, they are quite rarely available in the market and are hard to find. It comes with an oily and gooey appearance. It is not preferred for smoking due to its sticky appearance
2. THC-O Gummies: Gummies are sweet, fruity candies used as a suitable way to experience the desired cannabis high. It is one of the most preferred ways of consumption since gummies can be carried anywhere and are easy to intake. Some gummies are organic and gluten-free products that can be used by people with digestion problems.
3. THC-O Tinctures: The distillate is usually combined with a carrier oil in the case of tinctures. Tinctures ascertain to be the most preferred choice when it comes to THC-O consumption. This product does not involve smoking and can help prevent lung or heart issues. Tinctures are accessible for the body to digest and metabolize quickly
4. THC-O Vape Carts: THC-O vape carts are common in the online market. It comes with a risk since heating the chemicals and byproducts used to create THC O acetate are highly flammable. Many vendors sell vape carts with different flavors for the user to smoke in a traditional vape pen
Side effects of THC-O
Since there is a lot of THC-O to be researched and discovered, one should be cautious. The main emphasis is on the dose. Few common side effects include dizziness, lethargy, nausea, vomiting, seizures, and hallucination. It is always advisable to start with low doses and move to a more significant amount once you get familiar with its impact on your body. THC-O is powerful and makes some users experience undesirable side effects.
Recommended Dose of THC-O
The dose depends on the method of consumption. You need to remember that THC-O is thrice more potent than THC. Hence, you should opt for one-third of what you would consider in the case of Delta 9 THC products.
If you are smoking or vaping THC-O, you can intake up to 0.5mg. Whereas, in the case of edibles or oils, you may use up to 3mg. Anything beyond this level can cause intoxication. One needs to be careful if he is new to cannabis and should refrain from trying THC-O products without experience.
Generally, the effects of THC-O increases steadily. Small doses can result in mild psychoactive effects. Moderate doses bring common psychoactive effects, and higher doses result in psychoactive and potentially psychedelic effects.
THC-O is growing in popularity, and users are interested in it because of its high psychoactive effects. Though there is limited research on its medicinal benefits, few of them are tried and tested with promising results.
Scientists and researchers are making efforts to learn more about synthetic and highly bioavailable cannabinoids.
Use caution about the modes of consumption and doses while consuming THC-O and keep updated information on its legal status.