What is Calyxes?
Calyxes are sepals. Sepals are the outermost floral leaves of a flower bud.
Signs of a Swollen Calyx
What is a calyx-to-leaf ratio?
What is Hermaphrodite Plants?
Causes of Hermaphroditism in Cannabis Plants
Signs of a Pollen Sac
Signs that this has occurred include:
- A large scale of leaves — three times as many leaves than normal The more often you harvest cannabis, the more leaf matter accumulates and increases with time. This is why it’s important to know when to harvest your plants at different stages in order to maximize yields.
- A decrease in bud size The amount of bud produced by each plant can vary from week to week depending on how much your plants are stressed out by weather or pests; how much you harvest; and how well your plants are propagated (crossing/farming).
- Less resin The resin glands in a calyx are what actually make cannabis smell nice — they generate terpenes, which are odor compounds unique to each type of cannabis strain, such as skunk and Indica strains. As with any other growth stage, these glands swell up with bud production until they reach their maximum size before dropping back down once again after wintertime periods.
- Green stalks Cannabis plants produce stems throughout their life cycle but they tend to die back after flowering (or “winter” as some growers like to say). When a stem dies back it makes way for more buds because there is nothing holding them in place anymore! One way to tell if your plants have reached their maximum potential for growth is by looking for green stalks growing from their stems instead of white ones during this stage of growth. As those green stalks get shorter you can see them dying back so you know that it’s time for herbicide use!
- Yellow or orange/yellow flowers With buds about two-thirds complete in size you will see an increase in coloration but not necessarily a complete change from white/pale yellow or brownish yellow into red/orange colors. This can be caused by either too much UVB light exposure (when flowering), too little UVB