Opticall is a home eye care service providing NHS and private sight tests, glasses, and contact lenses to those unable to access high street opticians. With over 15 years of experience, Opticall delivers professional eye care in the comfort of patients’ homes across the South East and East of England.
- Opticall offers at-home NHS and private eye tests for those unable to visit high street opticians
- Their qualified optometrists conduct thorough eye exams using portable equipment
- Opticall provides complete optical services – eye tests, prescriptions, glasses, contacts
- They serve patients in Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Cambs, North West London
- Opticall delivers compassionate, dignified eye care to elderly and disabled patients
- Patients praise their friendly, experienced optometrists and excellent service
Who is Opticall?
Opticall is an award-winning home eye care provider serving communities across the South East and East of England. For over 15 years, Opticall has delivered professional eye examinations and optical services to people’s homes when they are unable to access high street opticians.
The Opticall team includes experienced optometrists who are specially trained to conduct eye tests in patients’ homes. They bring portable diagnostic equipment and a wide range of frames to provide a complete optical service – eye exams, glasses prescriptions, dispensing, and contact lens fittings.
Opticall serves patients of all ages and abilities who are housebound or bedbound. This includes elderly patients, those living in care homes, people with disabilities, dementia patients, and vulnerable adults and children. They provide essential eye care while maintaining patients’ dignity and independence.
Comprehensive Home Eye Care Services
Opticall provides the following eye care services during a home visit:
- NHS and Private Eye Exams – Opticall performs full sight tests and eye health checks to NHS standards in patients’ homes. Tests are covered by the NHS for those who qualify.
- Prescriptions – Their optometrists assess vision and write prescriptions for glasses or contacts.
- Glasses & Contacts – They dispense and fit glasses and contact lenses after testing vision.
- Referrals – Opticall refers patients to ophthalmologists for further assessment and treatment when required.
- Follow-Up Care – They provide ongoing eye care, repeat visits, and reminders to ensure continuity of care.
How Home Visits Work
Booking a home eye test with Opticall is easy:
- Call or email Opticall to request an appointment by phone or email.
- Qualification check – They will verify eligibility for NHS funded eye tests as needed.
- Appointment booking – Opticall will schedule a convenient appointment time.
- The optometrist will arrive for the appointment with all required equipment.
- The exam will take place at home, taking 30-60 minutes.
- Prescriptions or glasses will be provided if required after the exam.
Opticall’s Expert Optometrists
Opticall’s team includes highly qualified optometrists who have additional training in providing home eye care.
- Registered optometrists – All Opticall optometrists are registered with the General Optical Council.
- Specialist training – They complete specialized training on providing eye exams for elderly, disabled, and vulnerable patients.
- Experience – Opticall optometrists have years of experience conducting exams in patients’ homes.
- Professionalism – Optometrists maintain professional standards and follow clinical best practices.
- Dignified care – They provide personalized, compassionate eye care focused on patients’ needs.
The Benefits of Home Eye Tests
Home eye tests from Opticall provide many benefits for housebound patients:
- Convenience – Exams take place in the comfort of the patient’s home.
- Accessibility – Home visits remove the difficulty of traveling to opticians.
- Comprehensive eye care – Opticall conducts complete NHS-standard eye exams.
- Maintains independence – Testing vision helps patients retain independence.
- Professional assessment – Optometrists can identify eye diseases requiring treatment.
- Ongoing care – Follow-up visits and reminders enable continuity of care.
- Improved quality of life – Good vision improves wellbeing, confidence and self-esteem.
Opticall’s Service Areas in the South East and East England
Opticall provides home eye care services in the following counties and areas:
- North West London
Their experienced mobile optometrists provide home visits throughout these counties. Opticall can serve patients in major towns and cities as well as rural villages across these regions.
Contact Opticall to Book a Home Eye Exam
To book a home eye test with Opticall, you can:
The friendly team at Opticall will verify eligibility for NHS funded eye exams as needed and book a convenient appointment.
If you or a loved one needs professional and compassionate home eye care, choose Opticall – your local opticians providing home sight tests across the South East and East England.
Frequently Asked Questions
What areas do you cover?
We cover Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Cambridgeshire, and North West London. Our optometrists will visit patients at home anywhere within these counties.
Do you provide NHS funded eye tests?
Yes, we provide NHS eye tests for eligible patients unable to access high street opticians. We handle the application process for you.
What happens after an eye exam?
We discuss the results of the exam and provide a prescription for glasses or contacts if required. With the patient’s consent, we share a report with their GP and carers.
Can you test patients with dementia or disabilities?
Yes, our optometrists have specialist training to examine patients with dementia, limited mobility, special needs, and communication difficulties.
Do you dispense glasses and contact lenses?
Yes, we provide complete optical services. We can dispense spectacles, fit contacts, and provide follow-up care.
How do I book an eye test with you?
You can call 0808 189 1835 or email [email protected]. We’ll schedule a convenient visit time.
How quickly can you visit for an initial eye exam?
We try to schedule initial exams within 2-4 weeks. We prioritize urgent cases and can often visit more quickly when needed.
What equipment do you bring to appointments?
Our optometrists bring portable clinical equipment to conduct full eye health exams and vision tests during home visits.
Do you accept private eye test bookings?
Yes, we accept private eye exam bookings for a reasonable fee. Private exams are available for those who don’t qualify for NHS funded tests.